Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Art Laffin Letters from Italy, No. 4

9th Anniversary of Phil Berrigan's Home-Going to God

Venice, Italy


Dear Family and Friends,


I write with a profound sense of gratitude for my visit to Italy. I am deeply grateful to so many people from the Sant'Egidio community who arranged for my speaking and who provided such loving hospitality. I spoke at 15 different events to abbout 3,100 people during my time here. I have met many new friends, and renewed friendships with those i met here four years ago. I will hold in my heart all the wonderful people I have met and cherish all the memories of the time I spent here. I return to the US filled with a spirit of hope that I received from so many young people as well as from my time in Assisi.

I want to express deep appreciation to my family and many friends who have conveyed their prayers and heartfelt support for me during my trip. The Journey of Hope continues, With love and gratitude,

Art Laffin


Other Letters from Italy


Dorothy Day CW House
503 Rock Creek Church Road, NW | Washington, D.C. 20010
Phone: 202.882.9649 or 202.829.7625

No comments:

Post a Comment